|Utilize your skills as a senior facility project management expert to support Lower Mainland health authorities as Director, Real Estate, Leasing & Property Management with Lower Mainland Facilities Management.
Lower Mainland Facilities Management (FM) provides services for Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), collectively, the Organizations. It is a vibrant and dynamic portfolio and one of the largest full-service FM organizations in the country. Its goal is to provide a wide range of effective and sustainable services to support the delivery of health care. We employ individuals in locations across Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and the Sunshine Coast.
Represent the Organizations, and consider future healthcare needs and how they can be best realized using Health Authority owned properties and capital assets as you:
• Assume responsibility for the direction and operations of the Real Estate, Leasing & Property Management portfolios.
• Provide leadership and oversight in the planning and day to day operations of services to drive operational excellence; ensures consistency with the strategic plans of FH, PHC, PHSA and VCH; establish policies, procedures and budgets; assist in formulating annual goals and objectives
• Implement re-design and restructuring initiatives to better integrate and streamline services, optimize quality and ensure cost effectiveness
• Analyze and envision how to leverage existing properties and capital assets into new capital projects for health care
• Review investment and rental value of properties, provide financial evaluations, and determine fit with healthcare clinical needs
• Portfolio includes leasing negotiations and administration, asset management (including P3 assets) and acquisition and disposition.
• Oversee and lead authority wide moves and furniture management.
• Acts as a liaison for First Nations and external stakeholder consultations and liaising with various levels of government.
• Utilize real estate redevelopment analysis and determine planning/rezoning requirements
• Develop project business cases and procurement methods
• Liaise directly with cities, developers, real estate consultants and the Lower Mainland Real Estate Group for the Organizations.
As the successful candidate you have Master’s Degree plus ten years of recent-related experience, including six years of senior management in Real Estate and leadership roles in a large multi-site organization with responsibilities for the planning and development of capital and strategic plans.
This regular full-time position is located in Surrey, BC, with transit access via the Central City Skytrain Station.