|Lower Mainland Facilities Management (LM FM) provides services for Fraser Health (FH), Providence Health Care (PHC), the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). It is a vibrant and dynamic portfolio and one of the largest full-service FM organizations in the country. Its goal is to provide a wide range of effective and sustainable services to support the delivery of health care. We employ individuals in locations across Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and the Sunshine Coast.
Bring your proven leadership, business acumen, relationship-building and project management skills to this challenging role as Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance & Operations (FMO). FMO provides hospital site-based stewardship of physical assets including structural, mechanical and electrical systems through programs of preventative, predictive and demand maintenance and long-term infrastructure renewal. Your work will include the following:
• oversee the development and supervision of day-to-day activities at Vancouver General Hospital, responsible for all aspects of mechanical maintenance and operations related to machinists and millwrights;
• coordinate major and minor construction projects through effective project management and maintenance scheduling techniques;
• ensures the smooth functioning and code compliance of designated facilities, including hospital equipment and systems, by managing and directly supervising the activities of designated maintenance personnel and external contractors;
• provides technical direction to electrical department staff, FMO representatives and liaisons on capital projects;
• liaise with colleagues in the industry to share information and establish/review benchmarks to review productivity;
• provides professional expertise to other health care organizations, and negotiates with contractors, regulatory bodies, manufacturers and/or suppliers.
As the successful candidate, you have a Trades Qualification as a journeyman in a relevant trade, such as Piping and/or Millwright, or Power Engineering certificate, plus five to seven years’ recent, related experience including a minimum of two (2) years direct supervisory experience.
This regular, full-time position is located in Vancouver, BC at the Vancouver General Hospital campus, centrally located near urban amenities and rapid transit services.