You’ll work in a hospital or clinic with patients who have trouble breathing due to an illness or injury and may require breathing support devises or patients who may have trouble breathing after surgery or a long stay in hospital. You’ll work directly with patients, having consulted with other members of their health care team, perform tests using special equipment, and provide patient treatment. You will also teach other health care professionals.
A small number of your patients may have serious face, throat, or chest injuries.
Education / Training / Experience
- Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program (2.3 years full time including clinical internship)
- Successful completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care credentialing exam
- Membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists
- Membership with the British Columbia Society of Respiratory Therapists
- Current Cardiopulmonary (Level C) and Neonatal Resuscitation certification
Programs in BC
$54,500 - $68,000 per year
The best thing about this job… is that you’ll work with patients of all ages, from babies to seniors, literally helping them breathe a little easier.